Victims. [BOOK CLUB KIT] : a true story of the Civil War ; Phillip Shaw Paludan.
"In January 1863, in the isolated mountains of western North Carolina, Confederate soldiers captured and murdered thirteen victims they suspected of being Unionist guerrillas. First published in 1981, Victims traces the lives and personalities of both killer and victims, illuminating the pressures that can bring men anywhere to commit atrocities more heinous than war itself."-Amazon
- Physical Description: xxviii, 144 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: 6th print. / with a new pref.
- Publisher: Knoxville [Tenn.] : University of Tennessee Press, 2004.
This is a BOOK CLUB KIT with __9__ copies.=505 0\
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Preface 2004 -- preface to the first edition -- acknowledgments -- The Place -- The Officers and the General -- Loyalty and Treason in the Mountains -- The Killings -- Aftermath -- Epilogue.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Massacres > North Carolina > Shelton Laurel Valley.
United States > History > Civil War, 1861-1865 > Prisoners and prisons.
- 1 of 1 copy available at NC Cardinal. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Madison County Public Library.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.